Holy sh*&$# these are good... And I finally got to use up the pumpkins we grew in the garden this summer! I highly recommend giving these puppies a try. They were so good I had to eat two when they came out of the oven. I have always been obsessed with Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf, but being allergic to gluten, I can sadly no longer indulge. Thank ganesha for this recipe because it's so much better (sorry, not sorry). And being gluten-free and dairy-free, they're pretty good for you. I used half free range eggs and half soaked chia seeds in my recipe for binders, but next time I'm going to try it with only chia seeds (chia seeds are very detoxifying among many other health benefits). A note to myself, too: these were fairly sweet, so I think I'll even use less sugar next time, too! So here it is,
- 2 free range eggs (farm fresh is best)
- 2 chia eggs (approx. 3 tbs chia seeds, in 5 tbs of water... let soak)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups of Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup un-refined coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup un-refined brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix wet & dry ingredients in separate bowls, then add together. Mix well.
- Use a large muffin tin and line it with baking cups
- Pour mixture into cups
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool, and enjoy!
I hope you guys like them!! Have a happy, healthy holiday season.