Oh-m-g these are good!! Soooo if you've been following me on social media, you probably know that I am OBSESSED with pumpkin spice. I seriously look forward to it every year. Pumpkin spice errrething! So, naturally, I am super excited to share with you this new pumpkin pancake recipe I found and tweaked. I'm allergic to gluten, so I made them GF, you can opt for wheat or all purpose flour if you prefer. Also, you can easily make these bad boys dairy free or vegan if you so wish. Here it goes:
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp of unrefined, unbleached sugar (coconut sugar is awesome)
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch of clove
- 1 egg or chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia: 3 tbsp water - let sit)
- 1 cup of milk (dairy, almond, cashew, soy, pick your favourite)
- 6 tbsp pureed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp melted butter, or coconut oil
Mix wet and dry in separate bowls, then mix together. Although, honestly... I'm super lazy and just threw it all in one bowl and I survived. Heat up a pan with some butter or coconut oil. When pan is hot, pour your pancake batter onto the pan. I'm sure you can take it from there. Its pancakes. You're probably not even reading this far. Sometimes when I'm all alone, I talk to my cat. Okay, I do that when people are home, too. But whats it to ya?
Serve with REAL maple syrup to taste.