Abundance is everywhere. Look around you, everything you see is in abundance: trees, mountains, grass, buildings, sky, ocean. Abundance is absolutely everywhere. If your mind is resisting this affirmation it's simply because you were taught otherwise by someone so profound that it ingrained itself deep into your subconscious and it's literally altering the way you think and live every moment of your life. What if I told you that they were wrong, though? What if I told you that they just simply didn't know any better because that's also what they were taught? They were taught their whole lives that "we don't have enough", "we can't afford to do that", "they have more money than us" etc. What if i told you that there IS enough and abundance is readily available to anyone and everyone who simply accepts it and detaches themselves from their old way of thinking.
Your thoughts create your reality, they have been your whole life. Imagine what an impact it must have hearing those words as a child, then again as a teenager. Imagine hearing your whole life that "we don't have enough". Or maybe you don't need to imagine that because this strikes home. It's no wonder that these people live to follow in their parent's footsteps and no matter what they do to acquire wealth, simply will never have enough. Because whether you like it or not, your thoughts will always create your reality. Think about anything you've ever done or created, it started with a thought. And when your thoughts revolve around lack and not having enough, your reality will also be of lack. So, here are 8 ways to bring more abundance into your life right now:
- Be grateful for what you have. Gratitude is the most important step in acquiring abundance. The universe wants to give you what you want, but if you're not grateful for what you already have, then it would seem to the universe that you don't really want those things. Gratitude is always positive and the universe responds stronger to positive energy. When it comes to the Law of Attraction, like attracts like. So if you're feeling grateful, the universe will then give you more things to be grateful for.
- Use positive affirmations. Practicing positive affirmations over time will change the way you think. Like I mentioned earlier, our thoughts create our reality. If you want to live an abundant life, you have to let go of the idea that you don't or will never have enough. Try something like this:
- I have everything I need to live a happy and peaceful life.
- I bring abundance into my life everyday.
- I know that I am deserving of living the life of my dreams
- Meditate on it. Meditation is a great tool for bringing peace, gratitude, and contentment into your life. You can also use meditation to manifest anything you desire. I have created a free meditation to help manifest abundance. Listen to it here. Meditation also helps to de-stress which is a catalyst for attracting abundance. Stress is created by feelings of 'not enough'. Think about it, when you're stressed that you're late for work, you feel like you don't have enough time. When you're stressed about money, okay you get it. The universe is responding to the energy you're putting out there with the assumption that you want more of that. So every time you're feeling stressed, you're essentially attracting more stress into your life. Now, with a positive spin, meditation reduces stress. And therefore, you'll be automatically attracting abundance and happiness into your life more often. NEAT, huh?
- Be mindful of your thoughts. Don't let negative thoughts take over your mind. This takes practice. Start first by becoming aware of your thinking patterns. Simply watch your thoughts without judgement. A good way to do this is to ask yourself, "I wonder what my next thought will be." And then wait for it. Recognize that you are NOT your thoughts and that you absolutely have the power to change your thinking patterns with practice. Whenever you notice a negative thought in your mind, turn it into something positive before it grows into something less manageable. Positive thoughts attract positive experiences. Some different ways to think about abundance if you don't have it (yet):
- I am doing the best I can with what I have.
- I am grateful for everything I have manifested in my life.
- I have enough.
- Be giving, but be open to receiving. This is HUGE. Wow, I can't even explain how often we push abundance away from us because we're not open to receive. Think about how many times in life you've deflected a compliment, not accepted an all too generous offer, gave someone a hard time when they wanted to pay for a meal or a coffee, or said "sorry, I can't accept that." Guys!! This is literally you pushing abundance away. Think about the message you're sending to the universe. I know we do these things with good intentions, but it has to stop. We're proud folk, that's great, but we need to learn to graciously accept and receive. If you're still holding onto the idea that it's noble to not accept or to not acquire wealth, you need to let go of that old notion right now. You cannot give from an empty cup. Therefore, you are doing a huge disservice to the world by neglecting to accept abundance. Also, when you give, give from the heart. You have to feel good about it.
- Watch your tongue. How many times do you use the word "expensive" in a day? This word insinuates that you don't have enough and, well, you understand now that that's not the kind of message you want to be sending. Think about it this way, is $1000 a lot of money? That depends, it sure is a lot of money for a glass of wine, but for a house, it's not. So the matter isn't so much about whether things are expensive or inexpensive, it's more so a matter of value. Therefore the $1000 glass of wine isn't expensive, it's just not good value. Try shifting your words a little here. Maybe instead of saying "it's too expensive," try saying "it's just not worth it to me," or "I don't really see the value."
- Create a dream board. Fill a room or a poster board or your desktop with images of what you want more of. Keep these positive pictures in the front of your mind. When you look at your vision board, take a moment to stop and take a deep breath, and feel grateful for these things as if you own them already. As you begin to fulfill your dreams and acquire abundance, slowly replace the pictures to prepare for new dreams and goals (because this. shit. works)
- Take action. Now that you've created the mindset for abundance, it's time to take action. Remember that dreams don't work unless you do. You're never going to meditate your way into the life of dreams, you have to take action. Just don't lose sight of what's important as you do.
Do this and you'll be well on your way to acquiring abundance. Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Please share in the comment box below.